Web services and exchange formats wiki
This wiki contains documents and discussions about Gen2Phen's efforts to produce exchange formats and consistent interfaces for LSDBs.
Standardising access to LSDB data is one of the core aims of Gen2Phen. Improved abilities to query, visualise and federate data can be achieved by having well-defined interfaces and consistent exchange formats. See the Use Cases wiki page for our consideration of what makes these issues important.
- The Spain report
- DNA, diseases and databases: disastrously deficient
- Sharing data between LSDBs and central repositories
- Recommendations - Human Variome Project
CHECK LISTS AND VOCABULARIES
- LSDB minimal requirements
- LSDB check list. Workshop notes
- LSDB controlled vocabulary terms
- DMutDB check list
- Other LSDB check lists
- Data content (google) spreasheet made for the Leicester workshop (2011 May)
LSDB data format
- Glen's inaugural post: Web Service Interfaces to LSDBs - Browser Point of View
- Glen's notes on developing a prototype LOVD web service
- Initial discussions on data format, naming scheme and VCF (29.10-30.11.2009)
- Entry point to data standards in gen2phen site
- A initial LSDB object model and Molgenis implementation
- LSDB xml data format wiki page and corresponding UML model
NMDB DATA FORMAT
Using the Web Services/Exchange Format
Note to self: add links to various projects & slides we've been passing around in the initial E-mail discussion.